Follow these steps to sign up for an iOS Developer Account with Apple:
2. Select ‘Start Your Enrollment'
3. Click ‘Create Apple ID’ to create a new Apple ID (mandatory). Enrollment is not possible with an existing Apple ID.
4. Read the Apple Developer Agreement then check the ‘By Checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree...’ box and click the ‘Submit’ button
5. Confirm that your email address, name, and Country location is correct, then select one of the options from the Entity Type dropdown.
The Developer name listed on the iTunes App Store is based on the type of account selected from the options below. Apps published to Individual Developer Accounts will display the name listed on the iOS Developer Account. Apps published to Company/Organization Developer Accounts will display the Company Name entered within the iOS Developer Account.
- Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business: Individuals or companies without an officially recognized business (company without a Dun and Bradstreet number). This account only allows for a single primary login to be created to the iOS Developer Account.
- Company/Organization: Legally recognized Companies with a Dun and Bradstreet number can select this option. This will allow multiple user logins to be created and managed with varying permissions capabilities for each login. See here to check if your company is a legal recognized company with a Dun and Bradstreet number. The process can take a long time (weeks) as you go through review.
The Individual/Sole Proprietor/Single Person Business account can be switched later on to Company/Organization account with Apple. It is easier and faster to start a new account as an Individual. Later you can switch to company account.
Choose the name of your developers account according to the name of your app so it will be easy to recognize. The name can not be altered in future.
6. Fill in the Contact Information for your iOS Developer Account
7. At the bottom of the screen, read the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, check the ‘By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree...’, box, then click ‘Continue'
8. Confirm the Apple ID Information, Entity Type, and Contact Information and hit ‘Continue’
9. If you would like automatic renewals select the auto-renewal box (this is option and not required), then click ‘Purchase’ to enroll and pay for your yearly iOS Developer Account
10. Sign in with your Apple ID/password
11. Fill in the billing information and press ‘Continue’ to complete the payment and setup of your yearly iOS Developer Account!
12. Fill in any remaining information on the following screens. Apple will send a confirmation email within 24 hours notifying you that your iOS Developer Account was successfully created!
13. On receipt of confirmation email from Apple please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Share with us the following information from your apple account:
- Important notes:
Accounts have to be registered on new Apple ID and the email and password never have to be changed.
Do not enable protection of your Apple ID with two-factor authentication. If this is disabled we can access your account and transfer the apps.
How much does a membership cost?
The Apple Developer Program membership is $99 per membership year in the United States and 99€ in Europe. This cost is the same for an individual membership and an organizational membership.
To provide a long-standing app, you must renew and pay for your membership every year.