TaxiStartup cooperate with four Payment Gateways: Braintree, Stripe, PayU Latin America and PayU Russia/Turkey. If none of these services work in your country, it is still possible to receive credit/debit cards payments from your passengers. Express Merchant Account allows you to collect fees from any place in the world.
Algorithm of the Express Merchant
- Apply for Express Merchant Account using our standard form application.
- Top up the balance of your company with a chargeback/fraud deposit of 1000 USD. When you close your account with us, you’ll receive this money back in full (after receiving the deposit, we will need 24 hours to activate your sub-merchant).
- All the credit/debit cards payments received from the passengers and drivers go to your sub-merchant on TaxiStartup International Merchant.
- You can monitor the balance of your account in the Payments Report. Follow Company panel >> Reports >>> open Payments Report >>> turn on filter >>> filter CreditCard method of payments
How can I withdraw my money?
You can summarize all the payments for particular period. Once you decide to withdraw the money drop us a message on email@example.com so we:
- If the amount is >500 USD we can top up your company panel balance with no fees (it saves up to 5% on card fees).
- If the amount is >1000 EUR we can make transfer to your bank account (only in EUR). The following fees apply:
- For the companies working in EURO currency: 2,9%+0,3 EUR per each transaction your company received + wire fee (Europe - 5 EUR, Latin America 25 EUR, US 10 EUR, Asia 15 EUR); Wire fee values are approximate, more detailed information will be brought to you before merchant configuration.
- For the companies working in non-EURO currencies: 3,9%+0,3 EUR per each transaction your company received + wire fee (Europe - 5 EUR, Latin America 25 EUR, US 10 EUR, Asia 15 EUR). Wire fee values are approximate, more detailed information will be brought to you before merchant configuration.
Wire fee rate depends on the country of your bank account. E.g. if your company works in Peru but express merchant payout should go to the bank account in EU, 5 EUR wire fee applies. However if your company works in Peru and payout goes to the bank account in Peru, 25 EUR Latam region wire fee will apply.
Who charges for the account usage?
Please remember that charges provided are set by our partner www.braintreepayments.com. You can check their pricing here. In case you receive money in local currency and braintreepayments does not support it, the payments will be exchanged to Euro (as the main TaxiStartup merchant is in Euros). The rates will be calculated by our bank Swedbank.
Management of the chargebacks and frauds
If your passenger/driver claims chargeback or the payment was considered as a fraud, the following procedure will be triggered:
- we notify you about chargeback or fraud of your passenger/driver;
- balance of your company will be charged with the amount of the chargeback or fraud + standard chargeback fee 30 EUR. For chargeback cases, there will not be a circumstance in which you are not assessed the fee. Whether we dispute a case or accept it, win or lose, this fee will be assessed to your account when the case is opened;
- in case of the chargeback we will submit a response to the arbitration or pre-arbitration case. Please note, TaxiStartup team does not dispute chargeback <30 USD.
- once the dispute is ruled in favor of your company, we will inform you and disputed amount will be returned to you company balance.